Friday, November 03, 2006

Lemonade light filtering through the trees

The best things, right at this very moment! Fresh!

Things to Read
1. Blueprint
2. Domino
3. Overheard in the Office (this week was a string of hits!)
(My, uh, reading time is limited these days. "Fractured" may be a better word.)

Things to Eat
1. Trader Joe's Papadums (I know, they bear really very little resemblance to actual papadums, but boy are they tasty!)
2. Cafe Luna's Mozzarella Salad (mozzarella, tomatoes, basil, vinaigrette, and some capers - so delicious)
3. Pillsbury Crescents (!!)

Songs

1. Sorted For E's and Wizz
2. Babies
3. Nails in My Feet

Things to Do
1. Research things I've always wondered about (like what pirates were like, really) or look up words I stumble across (like praeteritio)on Wikipedia
2. Sleep
3. Watch movies after putting the baby down -- it's been so long since that was possible

People I've Never Met, And I Promise To Leave Jarvis Out Of This
1. Sacha Baron Cohen
2. Sarah McColl
3. Oh... I promised to leave Jarvis out of it, didn't I?

Blogs
1. Pohangina Pete: Like dropping in on an old friend. Writing that leaves me speechless; hard to do under any circumstances, but with writing I tend to be a boring old jaded cynic. Pete is the real deal. And his photos are gorgeous. And he's thoughtful and funny, to boot. There are so many people, internet celebrities, even, who write endlessly about how important it is to be kind, and who complain endlessly about how people aren't gentle or caring enough anymore, yet in real life (or at least in real internet life) have no basic manners. Pete is the antithesis of those people. He is traveling for the next six months and will not be updating until he's back, but there's plenty of stories. In case you missed it, I am a fan.
2. The Traveler's Lunchbox: Great writing, fantastic recipes, beautiful photos.
3. Cut Out and Keep: Ms. Cat Morley is RAD, and that is just about my highest compliment. It would appear there is very little she can't do; she's a filmmaker, student, writer and all-around DIY maven. I'd really like for her to be my younger sister. I"ve never wanted a sister, having been always content to be the only girl in the family, but Cat has made me change my mind.

0 comments: