Sunday, May 06, 2007

Not sure if I mentioned it, but Tim Finn high-fived me last Thursday, effectively transferring a not-minor amount of his arm sweat from his forearm to mine. Was it everything I'd ever hoped for? Well, nearly.

In other news, fresh, organic, ice-cold apple cider mixes remarkably well with Steinlager. Just in case your local grocery carries it; mine doesn't, but the Trader Joe's up the road (which is also now carrying fabulously awesome and strong re-useable grocery bags, excellent for carrying everything from farmer's market buys to work shoes to your regular grocery buys) does.

Hey, did I tell you the one about high-fiving Tim Finn?

I owe $15 this week to the Fit Club [that's pronounced "Fight Club"] kitty. Goals I did not accomplish: bringing my lunch to work 3 days out of the week; drinking at least 4 glasses of water daily; exercising 3 days out of the week. Boo. I did very well sticking to the no-sugar-during-the-week-except-in-tea rule, and for the most part I did alright with the other goals, but not completely. It's five bucks per unachieved rule, which sucks. But can you think of a better motivator? I will not be owing $15 next week, I can assure you.

H. has been posting pretty regularly on his MySpace-sanctioned blog. Those of you who know him will not be too surprised by his posts. If you don't know him, well -- he's all mine, ladies.

There have been such lovely things posted lately on the blogs I read -- poetry, kindness, a real, unadulterated effort to make the world a better place. I'm so grateful for this. It's amazing to have met so many wonderful people through such an intagible, ethereal means. Thanks to you for sharing this time and space with me. Next time, I'll recount the story of how Tim Finn high-fived me at Largo. It involves large quantities of sweat. Hang tight til then!

0 comments: