Wednesday, June 20, 2007

May be a hundred different things within the measure of a day

Tomorrow I'm headed to New York for a whirlwind (four days' worth!) tour. Nearly vibrating with excitement, I am still packing and it's coming up on 11:30 pm. I need to go in to work for a couple of hours first, then I'll be off. Five whole hours to myself... and that's just the flight, before I get there! It seems crazily luxurious. Five whole hours in which to listen to music, watch movies, read, write... maybe even nap. My word.

In all seriousness, I need a break. There's so much going on, so much stirred up right now -- and even if there weren't, it would be time for this. I need to step off my well-worn path for a few days and find new outlooks, new possibilities, perhaps rediscover some of who I am under the what I am. My boys will be fine without me; I've been working at sidestepping the inevitable (for me) guilt for about the past month, so maybe I'll be okay too. I know I'll come back a better person.

0 comments: