Lovely Things Today:
1. The small bunch of bright yellow daffodils in the purple coffee cup on my desk. When I bought them yesterday only three or so were open; within hours they all opened and they look like they're jumping for sheer joy.
2. There Will Be Date Night. Tonight. We're going to this show, and the boy is staying overnight at his grandma's house, and we'll be out and dressed up and have drinks and OH I can't stand it!
3. This line from Jon Stewart's book AMERICA (THE BOOK): A Citizen's Guide to Democracy Inaction: The National pastimes of Latin America are fútbol and irrational emotion.
4. The sound of Luke singing to himself in the backseat this morning.
5. Good people, good jokes, good family, a good life. I'm so grateful!