Friday, March 06, 2009

Friday Frisson

Let us spring forward into the weekend.*

Platform 21. Remember when we fixed things because they weren't disposable? Oops, turns out they still aren't disposable. But we knew that, right? Platform 21 pushes the crazy notion of repairing what you've got. (Hear that, Apple? Repairing! What whaaat?) I would like to give Platform 21 a hearty handshake!

The Graphics Fairy. Being the crafty, DIY sort, I've got the vapors over this blog, a fantastic source for vintage graphics. Like this one. Charmant, indeed. Look at this one! (It has P's would-be name written all over it. P, you can write "Missus" above the "Gervais" and make a set of coasters... c'est romantique, non?)

Holy Experience. You don't have to be a Christian to appreciate this phenomenal post on this excellent blog. Gratitude and good cheer are no longer optional for me. These words--one in particular; you'll see--have helped to cement that in me.

Crash. I am obsessed with this painting by an artist named David Molesky (who, by the way, was also pre-med, with a focus on neurobiology? Wow.). If I had a painting like that, I'd never leave the house.

*Sorry. Couldn't resist.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, that's going to be our Save the Date card. Ricky and P sittin in a tree...

Emma said...

Hawt! I can't wait to get mine in the mail...