Sunday, December 23, 2007

I could sleep when I lived alone

It's a lovely, lazy Sunday morning. At about eleven, I go upstairs to take a long, hot bath. Wonderful. Bubbles are involved. Once dressed, I decide to go with a very silly hairstyle: two small buns on top of my head, a bit Minnie-Mouse-ish. It's funny, and it will make Luke laugh.

I come downstairs and he hears me. He starts trying to run up the stairs toward me.

Him: Hel-LO!
Me: Hi, baby!
[Hugging ensues]
Me: Do you like my hair?
Him: [Eyes widen, starts laughing uncontrollably] THAT'S PRETTY LAME! [Continues laughing]
Me: What?!
Him: DO YOU LIKE MY LAME??! [Continues laughing]
His Father: He gets that snarky sense of humor from you.
Me: HE DOES NOT!

But who am I kidding? We all know the truth.

Sigh.

4 comments:

pohanginapete said...

Ha!!You're gonna have trouble when he gets older ;^)

Hoping/trusting you and the blokes (big & little) will have a great Christmas and New Year, Emma.

Emma said...

Pete, one of your countrymen informed me a couple of days ago that I have a Masters in "p*55-taking"... man, payback's a bitch.

Thanks, and you have a great Christmas and New Year as well!

E

fist city said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! DO YOU LIKE MY LAME?

Emma said...

I mean, right? What do you say to that?